In the current era that we are living, it is often mentioned that women have capabilities same as men have in all aspects. But when it comes to driving, women have been under prejudices and stereotypes. Women have been teased, mocked, and taunted that they are terrible drivers. While being honest everyone has to admit that a gender stereotype has nothing to do with driving as driving is a skill and ability. The Provo car insurance company has same auto insurance policies for both male and female drivers. The insurance premium rates are determined on the factors such as type of vehicle, history of credit and installments, driving record, location, and age.
Who gets cheaper auto insurance?
Women should know about the fact, that one of the most important factors in determining the auto premium is gender. Women tend to get cheaper auto insurance as compared to men. To some people this fact might seem weird but it is based on some authentic statistics. According to a survey conducted by a US organization in 2008, it was deduced that those who died in fatal accidents had 50 percent more men than that of women drivers. According to another survey, conducted in 2012, almost 71 percent of the men were died in accidents. It is also a fact that men speed more than women and they often do not take care of safety measures such as seat belts and drive while being drunk etc. Due to these reasons men pay at almost 12 percent higher rates on average than women. The percentage in sum is almost $15,000.
Tips for Women to get Cheap Auto Insurance
The car insurance companies in US including Provo car insurance offer a variety of premiums plans for its clients. Women may get cheaper car insurance by following the tips:
- Add relevant Drivers: Women should make sure that drivers who regularly drive the car are mentioned on the insurance policy plan. There is also an option of having additional drivers in the policy plan for limited days whenever needed.
- Security: There should be a proper dedicated anti-theft system in the car for security purposes such as GPS kit for tracking, Steering lock, and alarm. The security system can save up to 5 percent of premium. New cars have security systems but if your car don’t have then go for it.
- Agree on higher excess: If you will agree to pay higher costs in case of repairs will bring you high premiums. During accident if the fault is of the other person then you will recover in excess.
- Pay installments on time: When you will pay installments on time, then there will be no surcharge or interest and hence the cost of the premium will not rise.
- Drive according to needs: If the car is driven more, lower are savings in premium. There is saving of almost up to $90 if the car is driven 8,000 kilometers a year. But any incorrectness in the mileage of the car can lead to cancellation of premium.